Thank you for your continued trust in me as your County Clerk. I look forward to continuing to serve you and our community.
- Chuck Kizer
|Pawn Broker Procedures|
The County Clerk receives and approves applications for Pawnbrokers and title Pledge Lenders. The eligibility process for such a license is established in the State Code.
The law requires that the license be obtained from the County Clerk in the county where the establishment is to be operated.
Procedures for Pawnbroker Application
1. Complete Application / Petition (download application)
2. Obtain a CPA's unaudited statement regarding assets. (Must have $75,000 readily available to use in business)
3. Obtain Certificate(s) of good moral character from law enforcement agency for each person listed in petition
4. Proof of good moral character (citizen certificate and oath - part of petition) for each person listed
5. Submit fee of $50.00 in certified funds or cash payable to the County Clerk. This fee is not refundable
6. Applicant must purchase a business license (Class III, Code 5932) and submit a catastrophe insurance policy on contents and/ or pledged pawn stubs - payable to County Clerk Chuck Kizer (as loss payee).
The Organ Donor program saves many lives in Tennessee. Mr. Kizer promotes the organ donor program to educate the citizens of Lawrence County in the many ways that their losses become lifesaving blessings.
Hunting and Fishing Licenses may be purchased at your County Clerk's Office. For online information regarding licensing, please refer to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.